Countdown to baby!

Countdown to baby!
Gotta snack!

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

When to tell family & friends

 Yay, I'm pregnant!!

hmm... well, gotta really think about this.   When, and how, should we announce our joy?   Traditionally wait the suggested three months or just burst out posting on every social media outlet available?  Make clever little hints to people, or bluntly said I'm knocked up!  Perhaps I should enjoy my news privately and reflect on the blessing, which is what I chose to initially do.

My husband on the other hand, couldn't help himself.  He wanted to yell it from mountain tops.  This is his first child and I completely understand the excitement. Even though I explained to why I wanted some personal time to enjoy my pregnancy, he was so happy to let it out of the bag a little early to his mother, his father and brothers.  I however, withheld my announcement from family until I was ready,  I wanted to go through some more appointments first and settle into my gestational journey.  I started dropping hints that we are expecting in November, which were hilarious!  SEVERAL days went by without a single person catching on.

Finally, I just had to state HEY WE ARE HAVING A BABY!  Immediate family members expressed joy at the news and of course some concern due to my medical history.  I have kept things mostly personal and private concerning my pregnancy between my husband and I, which has helped the stress level for myself.  I already know the risks and concerns, I didn't need the added stress from others constantly questioning the process. Now, I can share some exciting news from time to time!  I was excited to share his gender, his heart rate and how big he was growing each appointment.  I was also excited to choose his name and share that with our close family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment