Countdown to baby!

Countdown to baby!
Gotta snack!

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

2nd trimester


3 months down and 6 more to go!

So now everyone pretty much knows I am expecting a child.  I am turning 36 and having a baby, oh my.  My first child was born in 2006!  Can I even remember how to do this?

Oddly, I was feeling pretty good!  With my first I was extremely sick, had hospital stays and couldn't eat anything without throwing up the entire pregnancy.  This time, not so bad!  There have been mornings of dizziness and nausea, headaches and fatigue.  Startling heart palpitations have been concerning.  The oh so pleasant acid reflux has been terrible!  I mean, hey maybe I should not have ate that pizza but geez this chest pain is outrageous!  Yes, that was a trip  to the ER to make sure.
I have bonded well with Zantac, and have been a little more comfortable (until I lay down that is).


As the weeks have gone by, I couldn't wait to start feeling this little guy wiggle around in there.  I waited and waited, but guess what? ANTERIOR PLACENTA!  So my little guy has a little cushion in front of him.  Typically, that suggest that it is a little more difficult to feel the baby's kicks and punches.  Finally, around 22 weeks, I started feeling faint movements.  How happy was I!  It is a little tricky to describe to someone how that actually physically feels.  Those beginning movements have been described as many things such as gas bubbles to being like a fish in a bag of water hitting the sides of the bag.  Bubbles, wiggles, pops and shifts.... all happily accepted by me.  Those cute little "hey I'm in here" taps quickly turn into big shoves soon enough.

A big appointment during the 2nd trimester is the anatomy scan.  I was genuinely anticipating this appointment.  You see, I myself have a heart condition.  My first born has a serious heart condition.  At the anatomy scan, the DR would be taking a look at the baby's heart.  Anxious and optimistic, I watched as the tech and doctor viewed my little growing blessing.  At this point, the heart is still small but worth the initial exam.  By the end of the appointment, the doctor decided that he will repeat the fetal echo again in the 5th/6th month of pregnancy and review the heart throughout.  So far, things are looking good!  So you see, every time I hear/see that little heart beating, I rejoice.  So thankful for the life growing in my tummy.  I cherish every beat.

Oh, in January, this little guy measured in the 90th percentile.  Whoah!  (Thank you Jesus!)
He's looks to be a big boy.  He is a little shy to show his cute little face, but you guessed it! He has NO problem showing his boy bits.  SMH

No comments:

Post a Comment